Bowser Bean is the registered trademark and registered business name of Vantage Fuels Pty Ltd ACN 151 023 050 of 7 Woodlands Court, East Bendigo, Victoria (“we”, “us” and “our”). We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
This policy explains how and why we collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information.
You consent to us collecting, holding, using and disclosing your personal information in accordance with this policy. You understand that we may update this policy if we change how we collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who can be reasonably identified from the information or opinion. Information or an opinion may be personal information regardless of whether it is true.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We collect information about you and your interactions with us. The nature and type of information we collect varies depending on how and why you interact with us. The type of personal information we collect includes your name, your contact information, date of birth, in-store CCTV camera images, details of enquiries you make details of enquiries, complaints you make or feedback you provide and job applicant data.
Cookies and Website
We may collect information about how you access, use and interact with our website. This information may include:
- the location from which you have come to our site and the pages you have visited; and
- technical data, which may include IP address, the types of devices you are using to access the website, device attributes, browser type, language and operating system.
Why do we collect, hold and use your personal information?
We collect, hold and use your personal information so that we can:
- complete the task or undertake the activity for which the information was submitted;
- to provide you with products and services;
- manage accounts;
- manage our business operations;
- consider a person for employment and/ or contractor opportunities;
- contact you, for example, to respond to your queries or complaints, or if we need to tell you something important;
- comply with our legal obligations and assist government and law enforcement agencies or regulators; or
- identify and tell you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you including providing relevant marketing material.
What happens if you do not provide us with personal information?
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with services, communicate with you or respond to your enquiries.
How do we collect your personal information?
We will collect your personal information directly from you whenever you interact with us.
If required, we may collect personal information about you from third parties. Any personal information received from third parties will be collected, held and used in accordance with.
How do we store and hold personal information?
We store most information about you in computer systems and databases operated by either us or our external service providers. Some information about you is recorded in paper files that we store securely.
We implement and maintain processes and security measures to protect personal information which we hold from misuse, interference or loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
These processes and systems include:
- the use of identity and access management technologies to control access to systems on which information is processed and stored;
- requiring all employees to comply with internal information security policies and keep information secure;
- requiring all employees to complete training about information security; and
- monitoring and regularly reviewing the organisation’s practice against our own policies and against industry best practice.
We will also take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information once we no longer require it for the purposes for which it was collected or for any secondary purpose permitted under the APPs.
Who do we disclose your personal information to and why?
We may transfer or disclose your personal information to our related companies.
We may disclose personal information to external service providers so that they may perform services for us or on our behalf.
We may also disclose your personal information to others where:
- we are required or authorised by law to do so;
- you may have expressly consented to the disclosure or the consent may be reasonably inferred from the circumstances; or
- we are otherwise permitted to disclose the information under the Privacy Act.
If the ownership or control of all or part of our business changes, we may transfer your personal information to the new owner.
Do we disclose personal information to overseas recipients?
We do not disclose your personal information to recipients which are located outside Australia.
Do we use your personal information for marketing?
We may use your personal information for direct marketing and promotional purposes and to offer you products and services we believe may interest you. These products and services may be offered by us, our related companies, our other business partners or our service providers. However, we will not use your personal information for this purpose if you tell us not to. You may opt-out from receiving these communications by using the “opt-out” function available in our communications.
Access to and correction of your personal information
You may access or request correction of the personal information that we hold about you by contacting us. Our contact details are set out below. There are some circumstances in which we are not required to give you access to your personal information.
There is no charge for requesting access to your personal information but we may require you to meet our reasonable costs in providing you with access (such as photocopying costs or costs for time spent on collating large amounts of material).
We will respond to your requests to access or correct personal information in a reasonable time and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you remains accurate, up to date and complete.
If you have a complaint about the way in which we have handled any privacy issue, including your request for access or correction of your personal information, you should contact us. Our contact details are set out below.
We will consider your complaint and determine whether it requires further investigation. We will notify you of the outcome of this investigation and any subsequent internal investigation.
If you remain unsatisfied with the way in which we have handled a privacy issue, you may approach an independent advisor or contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au) for guidance on alternative courses of action which may be available.
If you have any questions, comments, requests or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this policy
From time to time, we may change our policy on how we handle personal information or the types of personal information which we hold. Any changes to our policy will be published on our website.
You may obtain a copy of our current policy from our website or by contacting us at the contact details above.